The eight-year-old ginger female, named after android Data’s cat in the sci-fi TV series, has been waiting for a new home at Blue Cross Cambridge for 45 days after being brought in due to a change in her previous owner’s circumstances. Spot was a female (for the most part) cat and Data’s pet in the much-loved show. She lived with him while he served aboard the USS Enterprise-D and -E and he even wrote a poem about her entitled “Ode to Spot”. Sarah Bates, Blue Cross Cambridge animal welfare supervisor, said: “In his poem, Data referred to Spot as a true and valued friend. We’re sure our Spot will make someone just as loyal a companion who enjoys a fuss … Continue Reading ››
*WARNING – SPOILER ALERT! *
Noble. Dignity. Artist. Integrity. Human. Logical. Humble. Hope. Cool. Loving. Love.
(THE mensch of menschs?!)
As Sam reiterated during our anniversary Periscope shenanigans, after his passing in February 2015, what started out as a 50th Anniversary “Spock special”, evolved somewhat in to a well deserved “This Is Your Life, Leonard Nimoy”, and what a captivating story it is! Charting the highs and lows of the life of such an incredibly complex and talented man, genuinely loved and admired by all who knew him. When I sat down to watch ‘For the Love of Spock’ (a day late, as you would have come to expect from me!), I never intended to write a “review”, nor to write this much, but throughout the film I just found I had so much to say. It literally had me balling within the first three minutes, and … Continue Reading ››
* WARNING - SPOILER ALERT! *I have been a very excited little TiT these past few weeks. The release of Star Trek Beyond marks the first “new Trek” that I have experienced since becoming a Trekkie in Training and fully-fledged TrekkieGirl. It was great to see my excitement and enthusiasm mirrored in two such hardcore Trekkies like Sam and Carole. Having sadly been unable to attend the EPIC world premiere in San Diego because of the quite serious potential to loose both jobs and husbands following our whirlwind trip to LA, we had to settle for the next best thing – the very first screening of Star Trek Beyond at our local cinema, the Vue at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth. There was no discussion to be had, we would attend the triple bill screening including both Star Trek and Into Darkness, before the hotly anticipated … Continue Reading ››
“We HAVE to enter this competition” Sam said.
“Yeah, sure! I’ll record a video, making a complete TiT of myself (see what I did there?!), and upload it to tinterweb for the whole wide world to see…” – the things we do for our friends huh?! Truthfully, I have a reputation for being a little bit of a flake. I 100% MEAN to do these things, but then life gets in the way, or I forget, or I just never get around to doing them. However, I also HATE letting people down, and this meant a lot to Sam, so I WAS going to do it for her! Never in a million years did I think I’d WIN the bloomin’ thing!!! And a “Grand Prize Winner” at that: 2 return flights to LA, hotel accommodation for 2 for two nights, and entry to the "Star Trek Beyond" Fan … Continue Reading ››
So, as any good TiTtie will know, I already covered the first episode of Season 4 in Pt 2 of my Season 3 review (it seemed only fitting that TBOBW should have a review all of its very own?!).The bar was raised extremely high with Season 3, concluding in that EPIC two-part finale! It quite literally blew Seasons 1 & 2 completely out of the water. As a result, I was (ashamed to admit) a little worried that Season 4 may be somewhat of an anti-climax. I mean, how could they possibly top THAT? What if TNG was one of those shows that went on a season or two past its peak? I had faith, because I know there is a lot of love out there for TNG and had it not been a success, it would never have spawned a hugely lucrative movie franchise, as well as subsequent hit series DS9, Voyager, Enterprise … Continue Reading ››
- Evolution – Wesley’s nanites get loose – they communicate through Data
- The Ensigns of Command – Data takes control on-planet
- The Survivors – great “on planet” episode
- Who Watches the Watchers – the one where Troi and Riker are disguised as aliens that look a bit like Vulcan/Romulans?!
- The Bonding – the one with the creepy little boy – good Worf … Continue Reading ››